- Latex template [PDF TeX] for you to scribe notes. Some onlie LaTeX editor such as overleaf is at hand if you do not want to install the TeX engine on your local machine. Drawing Quantum circuits with qcircuit package, and more examples [PDF TeX] by Charemza.
- Use this spreadsheet to sign up for scribe and final project presentation.
- Grading Policy: Homework 50%, Project 40%, Participation 10%.
- Homework: You must turn in hard copies of your assignments
before the class begins on the due date. The solutions must be
intelligible. I encourage you to type your homework with Markdown
or Latex (and submit the printouts). Late homework is
acceptable, but there will be a penalty of 20% (<1 day), 40% (1-2
days), 60% (2-3 days), and 100%(>3 days).
- Collaboration in small group on homework problems is highly
encouraged. However, each person must write up their solutions
independently. For each problem that you have collaborated with
others, you must list the names of your collaborators.
- Course project: you will form a group of 3 people maximum and
explore research topics related to this course. You may choose to
survey a specific topic or take on original research problems. It
will be evaluated progressively: proposal (5%), mid-term report
(5%), oral presentation (15%), final report (15%). Details such as
suggested topics will be provided after the class begins.
- Academic integrity: Students will be responsible for following the PSU Student Conduct Code.
- Students with disabilities: If you need academic accommodations, you should register with
Disability Resource Center
and notify the instructor immediately to arrange for support