- Quantized Complex Crypto: a blog I scribble a bit or two
- Annotated bibliography in TCS: only if I have time to update
- Hiking Oregon
Tips and resourses, mainly on how to to survive (and sometimes succeed) in academia, especially in theoretical computer science. My favorites are tagged by .
- The sense of style by Steven Pinker.
- Donald Knuth’s Lectures on Mathematical Writing @ Standord 1987 Youtube playlist. Accompany lecture notes PDF.
- How to write a great research paper by Simon Peyton Jones.
- Tips for Giving Clear Talks PDF, slides by Kayvon Fatahalian.
- How to Present a Paper in Theoretical Computer Science: A Speaker’s Guide for Students PDF, by Ian Parberry.
- How to give a technical presentation by Michael Ernst.
- How to give a great research talk, Simon Peyton Jones, John Launchbury, John Hughes, SIGPLAN Notices 28(11), Nov 1993.
- A Guide for New Program Committee Members at Theoretical Computer Science Conferences arXiv:2105.02773, by Yfke Dulek, Stacey Jeffery, Christian Majenz, Christian Schaffner, Florian Speelman, Ronald de Wolf.
- A Guide for New Referees in Theoretical Computer Science PDF by Ian Parberry.
- A guide for session chairs by Emery Berger.
- Running a programm committee meeting by Michael Ernst.
- How to write a great research proposal by Simon Peyton Jones and Alan Bundy.
- Funding opportunities compiled by Theory Matters.
- Examples of CAREER proposals and comments.
- NSF Orientation Video: The Art and Science of Reviewing Proposals.