Main materials for this course
Lectures we will follow loosely
- Quantum Computation lecture notes PDF by John Watrous (Winter 2006 at UCalgary).
- Quantum Computation by Umesh Vazirani (Spring 07 at UC Berkeley).
- Quantum Computing since Democritus by Scott Aaronson, based on his lectures (Fall 2006 at UWaterloo).
- An Introduction to Quantum Computing by by Phillip Kaye, Raymond Laflamme, Michele Mosca.
- Quantum Computer Science: An Introduction by David Mermin, based on his lectures (Spring 2006 at Cornell).
Courses offered at other institutes
- Quantum Computing Since Democritus by Scott Aaronson (Fall 2006 at UWaterloo).
- Quantum Computing for the determined short video series by Michael Nielsen.
- 12th Canadian Summer School on Quantum Information Lectures Videos on Youtube.
- Qubits, Quantum Mechanics, and Computers by Umesh Vazirani (Spring 2012 at UC Berkeley).
- Richard Cleve’s course (Fall 2016 at UWaterloo).
- Ronald de Wolf’s course (Spring 2011 at UAmsterdam)
- Quantum Complexity Theory by Scott Aaronson (Fall 2014 at MIT).
- Theory of Quantum Information by John Watrous (Fall 2015 at UWaterloo) and his homonymous book. U. Vazirani: @UC Berkeley Quantum Computation
- Quantum Algorithms by Andrew Childs (Winter 2013 at UWaterloo).
- Quantum Computation and Information by Ryan O’Donnell and John Wright (Fall 2015 at CMU).
- Quantum Error Correction by Daniel Gottesman (Winter 2007 at Perimeter Institute).
Quantum Computation and Quantum Information by Michael Nielsen and Isaac Chuang. The dense and comprehensive bible to have though a bit dated.
Classical and Quantum Computation (Graduate Studies in Mathematics), AMS, 2002, by A. Yu. Kitaev, A. H. Shen and M. N. Vyalyi. Concise, rigourous and insightful presentation.