I am an Assistant Professor in the Computer Science Department at the Portland State University. I was a postdoctoral fellow at the Institute for Quantum Computing and the Department of Combinatorics and Optimization at the University of Waterloo during 2013 to 2016. I completed my PhD in 2013 in Computer Science and Engineering at the Pennsylvania State University, under the supervision of Prof. Sean Hallgren. Prior to that, I received my bachelor’s degree from University of Science & Technology of China in 2008.
My research interests lie in cryptography, especially in the presence of quantum attacks (a.k.a. post-quantum crypto), quantum algorithms, computational complexity and theoretical computer science broadly.
- I AM HIRING! I am looking for self-motivated students who are interested in pursuing a MS/PhD degree with me. Please feel free to reach me! Find more here.
- My talk on ZK for QMA at QIP’17 is now avaible on Youtube.
- Asiacrypt 2017 will be held in Hong Kong, and I am happy to serve on the program committee. Please submit your excellent papers!
- I will serve on the program committee of PQCrypto 2017. Utrecht, the Netherlands is awaiting your nice research results!
- I organized a one-day event on quantum computing and cryptography at Portland, OR. Find the details here or a poster PDF.