- <2022-09-26 Mon> Syllabus is posted below.
- <2022-03-21 Mon> Welcome! Please stay tuned for updates.
- Instructor: Prof. Fang Song
- Email: fsong “AT” pdx.edu. Please start your email subject line
- Lectures: TR 10:00 - 11:50 @ EB 92
- Office hours: xxx
- Google classroom: join with code fxt4khl.
- Overview: The law of quantum physics enables quantum computing,
a new paradigm of computation. It enables solving some problems
that are intractable on classical computers. In this course, we
will study the basic principles and techniques of quantum
computing, and discuss some exciting applications. Aside from the
technical contents, an important goal of this course is to make you
a more critical reader so you will have a better idea when flooded
with news articles on quantum computing. For the theory-savvy
students, this course would also prepare you for future exploration
in this emerging field.
- Prerequisite: Previous knowledge in quantum mechanics is NOT
required. This course will be theory-oriented involving reading and
writing mathematical proofs. Maturity in algorithm analysis, linear
algebra, and basic probability theory will be essential. Some
coding proficiency is required (preferably in Python).
- Text: The Resource
page contains additional