Main materials for this course
Lectures we will follow loosely
- Quantum Computation lecture notes PDF by John Watrous (Winter 2006 at UCalgary).
- Phillip Kaye, Raymond Laflamme, Michele Mosca, An Introduction to Quantum Computing, Oxford University Press (2007). Library elink (Errata)
- David Mermin, Quantum Computer Science: An Introduction, Cambridge University Press (2007). Library elink
- Michael A. Nielsen and Isaac L. Chuang, Quantum Computation and Quantum Information, Cambridge University Press (2000). Library elink
Courses offered at other institutes
- Quantum Computing Since Democritus by Scott Aaronson (Fall 2006 at UWaterloo).
- Quantum Computing for the determined short video series by Michael Nielsen.
- 12th Canadian Summer School on Quantum Information Lectures Videos on Youtube.
- Qubits, Quantum Mechanics, and Computers by Umesh Vazirani (Spring 2012 at UC Berkeley). Videos on Youtube.
- Ronald de Wolf’s course (Spring 2011 at UAmsterdam)
- Richard Cleve’s course (Fall 2016 at UWaterloo).
- Quantum Computation by Umesh Vazirani (Spring 07 at UC Berkeley).
- Quantum Complexity Theory by Scott Aaronson (Fall 2014 at MIT).
- Theory of Quantum Information by John Watrous (Fall 2015 at UWaterloo) and his homonymous book.
- Quantum Algorithms by Andrew Childs (Winter 2013 at UWaterloo).
- Quantum Computation and Information by Ryan O’Donnell and John Wright (Fall 2015 at CMU).
- Quantum Error Correction by Daniel Gottesman (Winter 2007 at Perimeter Institute).
Classical and Quantum Computation (Graduate Studies in Mathematics), AMS, 2002, by A. Yu. Kitaev, A. H. Shen and M. N. Vyalyi. Concise, rigourous and insightful presentation.
Quantum programming tools
- A Not so short intro to Latex PDF, a thorough introduction to LaTeX, and guide on good style. Many online TeX editors available, e.g., Overleaf and ShareLaTeX. ShareLaTeX maintains a nice set of tutorials. It’s probably most effective just to open a template tex file and tweak it!
- Qcircuit package for drawing quantum circuits in LaTeX, and more examples [PDF TeX] by Charemza.
- arXiv quant-ph archive of papers and preprints on Quantum Mechanics and Quantum Computation.
- Quantum algorithm zoo maintained by Stephen Jordan.